July - August (summer)
July through August are ideal to visit in terms of weather. The summer months is also peak tourist season and prices are at their highest, travelers should book accommodations well in advance as accommodations fill up quick this time of year. Visitors flock to Switzerland because the weather is perfect and warm, with wildflowers growing all across the valley. The snow thaws during this season, even in the higher passes, so you will be able to hike a larger area of trails.
Average temperatures this time of year are typically in the low 80s° F. Some highlights in the summer months are the beautiful and expansive hiking trails and outdoor adventures such as biking and paragliding. The summer also offers a variety of festivals.
Events and Festivals
- Montreux International Jazz Festival, Montreux (July)
- Sechseläuten (Six O'Clock Chimes), Zurich (April)
- Züri Fäscht, Zurich (July)
- Fêtes de Genève, Geneva (August)
- Lucerne Festival, Lucerne (August)
- Zurich Street Parade (August)