Located in the heart of Transylvania, on the valley of Târnava Mare river in the Sibiu County, Medias has one of the best preserved historical centers in Romania and also some well preserved medieval fortifications. It is surrounded by medieval churches, 2 of them UNESCO heritage sites. One of the most impressive symbols of the town is the Tower of the Buglers, which is about 70 meters tall. The heavy pressure of the tower on the sandy soil is the reason why the tower is slightly tilted to the North. Between 1927 and 1930, and later in 1972, the tower was consolidated. The St. Margaret Church is another impressive site build in the 15th century. Its roof consists of colored vitrified tiles, and 4 turrets were built.