Steeped in history and magical charm, Blarney village is set in beautiful wooded countryside, it is an ideal base to visit Blarney Castle at your leisure, before the crowds arrive or after they leave. In Tudor style, Blarney village developed around the village square which is owned and carefully maintained by Blarney Castle Estate and is a focal point of village life. Over 200,000 people visit Blarney Castle each year. The castle, built in the 15th-16th Century, is situated in over a thousand acres of magnificent woodland, on the Blarney Castle Estate, making it the ideal place to take walks and enjoy the clean fresh environment of Blarney.
Shopping is a pleasure in the village where there are a number of excellent outlets, including the world famous Blarney Woollen Mills. Established in 1824, the outlet has become one of the largest craft shops in Ireland and is renowned for its quality produce. Blarney in olden days had been the site of thirteen mills with the production of linen, plour, paper, bleaching, dying and iron production, due to the natural layout of Blarney with the River Martin flowing into the Blarney River and this in turn flowing into the Shournagh River which proceeds to flow into the River Lee at Carrigrohane, near Cork City.